I still remember the first luxury designer piece I bought – A small Louis Vuitton Bag in Berlin about 7 years ago. Before then, it seemed like an unattainable goal to have anything like that but eventually I was able to afford it. Slowly I have been building on my collection with bags, shoes, jewelry, clothing and accessories. And now I justify to my husband that they are a true investment as I can pass them down to our daughter (eventually!!). In some respects this is a very valid point, especially if they are limited edition pieces – just look at the hype around the Dior Saddle Bag at the moment. With this in mind and in consultation with Open for Vintage, I have compiled a list of 7 must have designer pieces that I think every wardrobe should have or work towards and I have included some links of my fave pieces currently available for purchase. Open for Vintage prides themselves on having the finest collection of pre-owned luxury fashion from the world’s leading independent boutiques, and they ship to over 50 countries worldwide.
- Handbag | When I think classic handbag, I immediately think Chanel. The leather shoulder flap bags are timeless, versatile, and can be worn multiple ways from a shoulder bag, handheld, clutch or cross body. They are so iconic and there are so many styles to choose from, here are a few of my personal favorites which are very similar to the one I own myself:
- Statement Jewelry | The first pieces I would buy for myself are a statement necklace or some easy wearing everyday studs. I also have a couple of brooches which I think can completely transform an outfit (although my sister told me they are for grandmas!). Here are a few pieces I currently have my eyes on:
- Chanel 2016 Cc Earrings Medium Cc Gold Hoop Logo Pendant Charm
- Chanel CC Mark Fringe Earrings
- Hermes Silver Lucky Horse Shoe Pendant Necklace – For those horse racing enthusiasts!
- YSL Heart Necklace – Because I love a love story
- Chanel Star Resin Pearl Large CC Brooch Gold
- Chanel 2017 Cc Brooch Pin Gold Circle
- Shoes | I used to think that it was utterly ridiculous to spend money on expensive shoes because they would essentially ruin over time. However, I have completely changed my mind and I am now slightly obsessed. They are so well made and (mostly) very comfortable. If you buy staple pieces which are versatile and can be worn with lots of different outfits, they will last your for many years. My top three pieces would be a pair of block heel sandals that can take you from day to night, a pair of ankle boots and a pair of divine flats (I have lived in my Valentino Rock Studs but a pair of stylish sneakers are also very on trend, especially for busy mums!)
- Coat | No matter where you live in the world, it is likely that you will need a coat at some point throughout the year. If you are in a warmer climate then perhaps a trench will suffice. Or if you are somewhere with very cold winters then a warm coat will be your lifeline. I spent my entire shopping budget on a Burberry Coat when we first arrived in England with the justification that it will last me for all the winters we spend here – I don’t regret it one bit!
- Burberry 1980s Cotton Gabardine Vintage Trenchcoat – No wardrobe is complete without a trench, they are timeless and effortless.
- Burberry London Check Wool Coat
- Black Givenchy Wool Cape – I am absolutely lusting after this, it would be perfect for York life!
- Sunglasses | Having grown up in Australia, I never go anywhere without sunglasses in my bag. This summer just gone I had to opt for a cheap pair for fear of the baby breaking my good ones, however I feel like it might be time to invest in a new pair to add to my collection. Sunglasses are a very personal choice based on the shape of your face, hair cut etc. but here are a few different pairs which took my fancy.
- Watch | Nothing oozes elegance more than a luxury designer watch. I know we all have our smart phones to check the time, but this handy piece of jewelry will always be noticed and admired. And once again, it is something you can pass down through the family. There is a reason why some people will still spend thousands on these pieces.
- Belt | If you don’t have a Gucci belt do you even do fashion? Well I don’t currently have one, but it has been on my wish list for a while. Take a standard, everyday outfit and make it shine with a fabulous designer belt. Check out these lovelies if you fancy standing out from the crowd with something a little different to everyone else about town:
I hope I have provided you with some inspiration for your fashion bucket list with my must have designer pieces and I would love to know if one of my fabulous readers snaps up a wonderful piece! As I prepared the list it was hard to resist myself! Happy shopping – Shell x
PS – If you consider yourself a fashionista mam, why not check out my blog post ‘8 Stylish Baby Bags for Every Mum‘.
Did You Know: When you click through and buy something recommended in our blog posts, it helps to keep Wander & Luxe running, at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting us x