In this blog post I am sharing 3 peri peri sauce recipes … that aren’t peri peri chicken! When Oriss & Son reached out to ask if I would create a recipe with their chilli sauces, it was an easy yes from me. In our house we add chilli to just about every dish possible. But I wanted to be a bit more creative with this sauce rather than simply suggesting a peri peri sauce chicken recipe.
And so that is how this 3 peri peri sauce recipes blog post was born. The sauce had me reminiscing of our trip to Portugal when we were introduced to all the wonderful traditional Portuguese foods. And recently I have really enjoyed experimenting more with the products we have in our fridge and pantry.
I hope I can inspire you to get creative with the sauces you have at home and try some of these quick and easy peri peri sauce recipes yourself.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post
My Wave – Piri Piri Sauce
Let this Piri-Piri style sauce, affectionately named ‘My Wave’, take you on a journey to a rugged Atlantic coastline. Elevate your cooking at home with the tangy salinity that this sauce delivers. Infused with plenty of red chilli, this sauce is sure to tantalise the taste buds, however you decide to enjoy it.
And if you are wondering about the variations in spelling i.e. peri peri sauce vs. piri piri sauce, well it comes from the various pronunciations of the word around the world. However, ‘piri-piri‘ is the correct spelling in Portuguese.
3 Peri Peri Sauce Recipes (That Aren’t Peri Peri Chicken)
Peri Peri Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon My Wave – Piri Piri Sauce
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Use as a spread on a sandwich or as a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries.
Peri Peri Roasted Butternut Squash
- 250 grams Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 teaspoons My Wave – Piri Piri Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash.
- Scatter the butternut squash on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and My Wave Piri Piri Sauce. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and chilli flakes (if using). Use your hands to mix it all up and ensure all of the butternut squash is covered in the mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the butternut squash half way through to ensure they are cooked evenly. And keep an eye on them towards the end to ensure they do not burn.
- Enjoy on their own, scatter over the top of a leafy green salad or add to a frittata.
Peri Peri Scrambled Eggs
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoons My Wave – Piri Piri Sauce
- 30 milliliters of Milk
- 5 grams of Butter
- 10 grams of Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Combine all ingredients (except the butter) in a bowl and whisk until the mixture has one consistency.
- Melt the butter in a hot frying pan. Add the combined ingredients and let it sit for approx. 20 seconds. Then gently stir and fold the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Repeat the process until the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places.
- Enjoy the peri peri sauce style eggs on their own, on top of some toast or as part of a full cooked breakfast.
So what do you think of these 3 different peri peri sauce recipes? I think my favourite has to be the roasted butternut squash – they were so tasty with the right amount of spice, and perfectly complimented the green salad. Each of the recipes is quick and easy, and guarantees there are no more boring meals in your household.
If you decide to try one of these peri peri sauce recipes at home, I would absolutely love to know – so, be sure to share it on your socials and tag me in the post! And if you are looking for more family recipe inspiration, check out my Easy Beetroot Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe.
All About Oriss & Son!
Orris & Son offer hand-crafted, fermented chilli sauces made in small batches. They are plant based and exclude all the junk! It was founded by a chef whom has over 20 years experience and has worked in some of the top kitchens in London and Melbourne. Following the UK national lockdown in 2020, the chef knew it was time to pursue his passion for flavour, and so turned his labour of love into a business.
The brand carry’s his grandmother’s family name, ‘Orriss‘ – a personal touch for a bespoke product closely tied to his memories of the flavour-filled family meal. The sauces are available for purchase online via the Oriss & Son Website.
Wander & Luxe readers can enjoy a 10% discount off their first order of Orriss & Son sauces. Just enter code WL10 at the checkout.