Hair maintenance is often forgotten about until it starts to show signs of damage. However, you can easily adopt simple daily actions to ensure you have beautiful hair. If you want to know what good hair maintenance habits are, here are some tips for you to follow!
disclosure: this is a partnered post
DO NO Use Products That Weaken Your Hair
Did you know that throughout the year, various factors attack your hair such as the sun, pollution, treatments, or an unbalanced diet. Something that some women are often especially not aware of, is the use of certain hair products can be harmful to the hair. It is common for many hair care products to contain silicone, a liquid substance used to coat the hair, to smooth it and to make it shine. But, after long use, the silicone in the products eventually suffocates the hair causing hair damage or hair loss.
Therefore, it can be beneficial to choose organic products of natural origin. In addition, if you have the possibility, buy products from the same brand / range as this will often give better results. You can always ask your hairdresser for advice – their knowledge is always up-to-date with all the latest products available and these products will generally be available for purchase at the hair salon.
Use Products Appropriate For The Condition Of Your Hair
It is important that you know and understand the condition of your hair, in order to allow you to select the correct products for good hair maintenance. Some basic guidelines are as follows:
- If your hair does not present a specific problem, it is said to be “normal”. A simple organic shampoo and conditioner will suffice to preserve their balance.
- If your hair is brittle, dry, and damaged, choose a nourishing and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner made with vegetable oil such as avocado, baobab, shea butter, ylang-ylang, coconut, or clay.
- If you have oily hair, a purifying organic shampoo and conditioner based on coconut vegetable oil and tulsi powder, as it will help give perfect balance and soothe your scalp.
- On the other hand, if your hair is dull and difficult to comb and disentangle, it is said to be “sensitive”. It is therefore advisable to use a moisturizing and nourishing shampoo and conditioner with honey in order to nourish them in depth.
- If you have combination hair that is oily at the roots and dry at the ends, shampoo for oily hair at the roots will work for you. Also use a conditioner to hydrate dry ends.
- If you have extensions, then talk to your hair extensions salon for further specialist assistance.
Minimise Use of Heat Styling Tools
Whilst heat styling products are convenient, long term they can cause a significant amount of damage to your hair. Where possible, allow your hair to dry naturally after washing. If you need to use a hair dryer or styling tools, be sure to apply a heat protecting spray to your hair beforehand. The more you can limit the use of these tools, the better your hair will be.
Wash Hair In Luke Warm Water
Most people abuse their hair because they don’t know the right things to do to maintain it. For example, to wash your hair and to boost its quality, you should use lukewarm water, not too hot. Washing in cooler water is ideal. You should know that hot water does not wash the hair strands properly and deprives them of their natural grease, which will cause damage to them over time.
We hope these simple and easy to follow hair maintenance tips will set you on the path to beautiful, luscious locks.